0:23 - Introduction
1:49 - Pegcetacoplan vs. Avacincaptad Pegol
9:44 - Long-Term Efficacy of Pegcetacoplan
13:12 - Concerns with Pegcetacoplan
14:41 - Feasibility of Home OCT
19:05 - UBX1325 for DME
23:21 - Results from Phase 3 GLIMMER and GLEAM
26:11 - Conclusion
Earlier this month, the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) held its 41st Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington, serving as a focal point for the ever-changing retina community.
Central themes for the 2023 meeting included the exploration of the newly approved geographic atrophy (GA) drug class, novel therapies in the pipeline for retinal diseases, and technological advancements in the field.
The impact of these presentations was discussed in the latest episode of New Insight with Veeral Sheth, MD. Host Veeral Sheth, MD, and show producer Connor Iapoce, zeroed in on 5 exciting presentations from ASRS 2023, breaking down the findings and describing the potential implications on clinical practice.
The 5 presentations included:
- "Pegcetacoplan (SYFOVRE) vs. Avacincaptad Pegol (IZERVAY) in Patients with Geographic Atrophy: An Anchored Matching-Adjusted Indirect Comparison of the Phase 3 Trials"
- "Long-Term Efficacy of Pegcetacoplan in Patients with Geographic Atrophy"
- "Daily Imaging with Home Optical Coherence Tomography Among Treatment-Naive Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration Participants"
- "48-Week End of Study Results from BEHOLD Phase 2 Study of UBX1325 in Patients with DME"
- "Tacrocimab Tedromer (KSI-301) Anti-VEGF Antibody Biopolymer Conjugate for DME: First-Time Efficacy, Durability, and Safety Results of the GLEAM and GLIMMER Phase 3 Studies"
Every episode of New Insight is available on HCPLive.com and be sure to subscribe to our channel on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and YouTube. Please direct any podcast-related inquiries to show producer Connor Iapoce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep an eye out for more from New Insight!