Editor's note: Clicking on the center of a slide will redirect you to that story.
Top Stories of December 2021:
- American Diabetes Association Releases New Standards of Care for 2022
The American Diabetes Association has released their 2022 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, which includes updates or additional guidance in areas such as diabetes screenings, first-line therapies, and technology use.
- Delayed Visits Associated with Increases in TSH Levels Among Patients Using Levothyroxine
An analysis of more than 25k patients using levothyroxine demonstrates the impact of appointment delays on TSH levels among these patients.
- DCRM Releases Multispecialty Guidelines for Management of Diabetes, Cardiometabolic Disease
A 31-person task force has composed and released new multispecialty recommendations for management and diagnosis of diabetes and cardiometabolic disease.
- Type 2 Diabetes Carries Greater Risk of Ophthalmic Complications Than Type 1 Diabetes
A Mayo Clinic-led retrospective analysis suggests patients with T2D had an 88% greater risk of developing any diabetic retinopathy within the first 15 years of diagnosis compared to those with T1D.
- Bariatric Surgery Associated with Lower Cancer Risk in Obesity and Diabetes
Analysis of data from the SOS study indicates bariatric surgery was associated with a 37% reduction in incident cancer among individuals with obesity and diabetes versus conventional obesity treatments, with those achieving diabetes remission experiencing a 60% reduction in risk.