Patients with MS and their caregivers can use a newly published guide to learn more about the disease.
A new, fully digital resource guide has been published online, allowing patients with multiple sclerosis and their caregivers to view the whole guide in full color as they would with an e-reader.
The Educated Patient Multiple Sclerosis Resource Guide was created to help people with multiple sclerosis and their caregivers learn more about the disease and the available resources available on the Internet for information and support.
It features information about several websites for organizations that focus on multiple sclerosis, including detailed descriptions of the many useful tools and resources that can help patients understand more about the disease, cope with how it affects them, make informed decisions about treatment in consultation with a health care professional, and live a fuller life.
Refer to this resource guide and visit the websites it profiles to access:
• In-depth, yet easy-to-understand information about multiple sclerosis
• News and information about available treatment options
• Downloadable checklists, publications, and guides that can help patients track progress and effectively communicate with a physician
• Blogs, discussion forums, videos, and other personal accounts from patients and caregivers who have experienced life with multiple sclerosis and want to share advice and support
• News and updates about the latest research
• Support groups, events, and treatment options available in a given geographic area
Click here to access the guide.