IRS Lending a Hand

Physician's Money DigestSeptember30 2003
Volume 10
Issue 18

No taxpayer is happy to be audited,but if it happens to you, be aware thatyou have certain rights. If you're unhappywith the way the IRS auditorhandled your case, you can complain tothe employee's supervisor. If that fails toget action, you can go on up the line tothe director of the IRS center where youfiled your return. If you're still unhappy,and especially if you're about to sufferfinancial distress because of IRSactions, you can get help through theagency's Taxpayer Advocate Program.Every state and IRS service center has atleast 1 taxpayer advocate who canreview your case and update you onprogress. For more information or tofind the location of the nearest taxpayeradvocate office, call 877-777-4778or visit

Related Videos
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.