Credit Card Disputes

Physician's Money DigestJuly31 2004
Volume 11
Issue 14

You probably know that your credit card issuer will let you dispute a charge onyour card and you don't have to pay up until the issue is resolved. But what if thecard company decides against you? You have a friend in a little-known corner ofthe federal government called the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency(OCC; 800-613-6743;, which charters and regulates allnational banks. The OCC's Consumer Assistance Group (CAG) helped bankcustomers get back $6.8 million in disputed charges last year. First ask your cardcompany to document its adverse decision, which it is required by law to do,and then file copies with the CAG.

Related Videos
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.