Physician's Money DigestFebruary15 2003
Volume 10
Issue 3

Getting your hands on themoney in an old 401(k) accountmay not be easy. Your formeremployer may no longer be in businessor may have been swallowed upin a merger, leaving your records inlimbo. You face 2 challenges—first,finding the old 401(k) and itstrustees, and second, proving thatyou're entitled to the cash. The latterjob will be easier if you keptrecords like pay stubs, benefitsstatements, or W-2 forms that show401(k) contributions. Once youfind the 401(k) trustees, your firststep is to file a claim. If you needhelp, contact the federal Pensionand Welfare Benefits Administration(866-275-7922; agency will often assign anadvisor to your case to help you inthe search for your 401(k).

Related Videos
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.