Government Sells Homes

Physician's Money DigestFebruary28 2005
Volume 12
Issue 4

When a homeowner defaults on amortgage that has been guaranteed by afederal agency, the government acquiresthe property and sells it. Three federalagencies—Housing and Urban Development,the Veterans Administration, andthe Department of Agriculture—havejoined to put up a Web site ( that lists such properties forsale. The site lets you search state bystate and gives descriptions on eachproperty, including any possible problems.All properties are sold as is, withno guarantees as to title or condition,and owner occupants get the priority onany bids. To submit a bid, you'll have tofind a real estate broker who is registeredwith the Department of Housingand Urban Development or theDepartment of Veterans Affairs. Fordetails, visit the Web site's how-to-buysection.

Related Videos
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.