Dispute Your Charge

Physician's Money DigestMarch15 2005
Volume 12
Issue 5


You're out on the Cape on a lovelyrented motorboat that just conked out.The merchant already charged you forthe defunct boat. Card issuers such asVisa and MasterCard suggest going tothe merchant to work something out,and then filing a claim with your issuer.If it's a fraudulent claim, go directlyto the issuer. But this process can be along and thankless ordeal. Busy doctorsmay want to consider enlisting the helpof DisputeMyCharge.com. The Web-basedcompany helps consumers fightunfair charges for half the cost of the disputedamount or a flat fee of $29.95.The site sends a letter to the merchantdemanding a refund and, if unsuccessful,to the issuer. If need be, the companyrepresents consumers in an appealsprocess. Consumer advocate groupsinsist that consumers shouldn't have topay for something they can do themselves for free. True, but you might notget around to talking with that marineowner anytime soon.

Related Videos
© 2024 MJH Life Sciences

All rights reserved.