© 2021 MJH Life Sciences and HCPLive - Clinical news for connected physicians. All rights reserved.
© 2021 MJH Life Sciences™ and HCPLive - Clinical news for connected physicians. All rights reserved.
August 13, 2010
Companies in the news:
1) AVAX and CTCA Collaborating for Cancer Therapies
2) Full Speed Ahead for GPC Biotech's Satraplatin
3) Bristol-Myers Squibb Company / Adnexus Therapeutics:
Collaboration for New Oncology Compounds
4) Graffinity and Amgen in Drug Discovery Agreement
5) Roche Suspends Enrollment in CERA Phase II Oncology Trial
This month's Fed Focus highlights such topics as Medicare reimbursement for cancer care and NCI budget cuts that affect cancer research. From "The State House" and Justice Department, we cover the HPV vaccine mandate and a governor under fire as well as state laws requiring colon cancer screening coverage.
Reimbursment, NCI budget
cuts, and more
August 12, 2010
News reports featured in this issue:
1) Breast Cancer Spotlight
2) Expert Cancer Centers Cost-Effective for Managing Ovarian Cancer
3) New Breathalyzer "Smells" Lung Cancer in Early Stages
4) PSA Adjusted for Prostate Size is Possible Identifier of Men at
Risk for Developing Life-Threatening Cancer
With FDA approval for their advanced breast cancer drug TykerbÃƒï¿½Ã‚®, GlaxoSmithKline is poised to reposition itself as a major player in the oncology business.