Replacing Stolen Cards

Physician's Money Digest, June30 2003, Volume 10, Issue 12

Every credit card has an 800-numberprinted on it so that you can call thecard company if you have problems. Butthat doesn't help you if the card is lostor stolen. You can always print out acopy of your credit card contact numbersand keep it on file, but you mayopt to use a service that will let you cancelall your cards with a single phonecall. You provide the card detailsupfront; when there's a problem, youcall the service and they cancel the cardsfor you. You'll pay $15 a year to letDiscover ( dothis for you, and you have to be a cardholder.American Express ( charges $29 a year, butyou can also get a replacement passportthrough its service if you need to.